Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday

There is no explaining what compells The Baroness to do what she do, when she do it. It defies usual logic, which is strangely appealing to me.

When I was recently at my local library, my hand inexplicably reached for a CD, "Jazz for Kids", because I thought it would be fun and lighthearted; good errand-driving music.

It certainly was both. Fun and lighthearted. Great music by equally great jazz artists.

And as I listened to "When the Red, Red Robin" by Carmen McRae, it immediately brought back childhood memories of my mom singing this to me.

Double bonus.

Now, I'm fully aware that the seasonal clock has ticked over into Autumn.

But the lyrics and the bouncy music sure bring some hopes of Spring into a dreary, rainy West Coast fall day.

music and lyrics by Harry Woods

When The Red, Red, Robin
Comes bob, bob, bobbin'
Along, along,
There'll be no more sobbin'
When he starts throbbin'
His old sweet song.

Wake up, wake up you sleepy head,
Get up, get up, get out of bed,
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red,
Live, love, laugh and be happy.

What if I've been blue,
Now I'm walkin' through
Fields of flow'rs,
Rain may glisten
But still I listen
For hours and hours.

I'm just a kid again, doin' what I did again,
Singing a song,
When The Red, Red, Robin
Comes Bob, bob, bobbin' along.

The line about "Live, love, laugh and be happy"?

My decree for today, people. Do it.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I'm getting right on that;)

Anonymous said...

Countess MPM: I don't know whether to take this as sarcasm or not.

So, I'll just blithely go with not. :)

A Spot of T said...

Finally coming out of lurk mode.....and now I'm going to have this song in my head all night. I guess it could be worse. It could be rap or something :o)

RiverPoet said...

I think we'd all be better off if we bopped along to songs like this all day. But we might appear nutso to innocent passersby ;-)

Love it - Peace - D

Anonymous said...

Countess of Tea: A big hug and a thank you for de-lurking. I'm so glad you popped in! I know the song's a little on the pychotic/cheery side, but it's so darned catchy!

Countess D: This is SO what I live for - to appear nutso to fellow motorists as I'm karaoke-ing in the safety of my motor vehicle. I love seeing their faces, especially when I serenade right to them. It makes both of our days!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop