Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Love of The Game(s)

You know, being the Unofficial Blogosphere Ambassadrix of the 2010 Winter Olympics was not some fluke.

I know people.

More importantly, I know people who know people.

Who can get me in touch with their people's people.

After much backing and forthing, and synchronizing of about 100 schedules, I was able to meet with my Friday guest.

I'm not gonna lie - I've heard the name bandied around from time to time.

And, as hockey is pretty much the dedicated tv channel in the vonB house - the name swirls around here constantly, like a figure skater at the Swarowski Crystal factory.

Since everyone was making this out to be HUGE, I decided I had better do some research.

And what is the best place to find stuff out? Yuh-huh.

YouTube.

Here is what I learned:


Forget Mom and apple pie.

Dismiss your tenets of cookies and milk.

Here, in the True North Strong and Free, it's hockey and donuts, 24/7/365.

Armed with what I needed to know, I ventured out to meet with Canada's Darling of the Ice (and the Iced Capppuccino) - Sidney Crosby:

7 comments:

Cormac Brown said...

Wow...when they called him "Syd The Kid," they really meant "The Kid" part!

Cormac Brown said...

Excuse me, I meant "S-i-d."

Shelley Jaffe said...

Count Cormac: I have been told that once one 'makes it' to the NHL, that one can trade in their teeth for a personal esthetician. Looks like our boy took them up on their offer.

Randal Graves said...

He sure has matured as a player. From the Hart to his very own Norelco in three short years.

Meg McCormick said...

OMG. This is PRICELESS! Classic! Now, I admit, as a big fan of Ovetchkin, I'm not a huge Sid the Kid fan, but I will allow as how he gives a pretty good interview.

Unknown said...

I love it! Being a So CA gal who moved to Texas, I'm not up on the whole hockey thing. Our local team (in CA) is the Ducks. Can you see why I can't get excited about the game? Now donuts are very high on my list.

Shelley said...

Count Graves: Norelco? Dude - I have more hair on one armpit than I think that fetus Crosby does on his entire body. (I have been told...)

Countess of Minestrone: If I can swa-y-y-y you back over Canada way - even just a little - my job is done.

Countess GJ: Forget Sidney Crosby - EVERYONE can get excited about that Tim Horton guy!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop