Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

May I just say that Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - was one of my personal best days. EVER.

There was sunshine and azure sky, there was warmth, there was leisurely strolling with a dash of economic stimulus thrown in. There was brunch at the Bellagio.

And then, just when I could not imagine it getting any damn better, it did.

The Baron and Baroness pilgrimmage-d to the place which is quintessentially Vegas.

The kitsch.

The costumes.

The shine.

The.

Freakin'.

Liberace.

Museum.

Today's TT presents to you the sign that all see at the outset of their tour around all that is "The King of Bling"; use it liberally at your discretion:

Just as I was honored to be your museum docent and provide you with a new spin on "aht" in my "Lessons from the Louvre", please join me for the next couple of days as I introduce you to the Swarovski-bedazzled world of fabulosity known as Liberace.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have his version of "I'll Be Seeing You" on my iPod! Everyone needs a little glamour now and then, right? :)

Mental P Mama said...

He certainly was his own Baron of Bling!

Anonymous said...

I'll be here with shades on!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Did you swipe any of his bling while you had the chance?

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're here to entertain us with stories of your travels.
Please accept my apologies for failing to connect. I wasn't very functional earlier in the week!
I'm slightly jealous of your trip south. Was it warm enough for sandals?

Anonymous said...

Countess V-Killah: I don't know why that particular version makes me tear up, but it does. Must be the warble at the end.

Countess MPM: Now you're getting it!

Countess imom: Hopefully you have those wrap-around numbers that they give to glaucoma patients.

Countess iPost: I would have needed a semi - between the mirrored pianos and jewelled autos, making a choice would have been too difficult.

Countess AG: It was so pleasantly warm. I'll go with balmy. Slight breeze, 20+ C. Warm enough that I wanted to burst into tears when I came back to snow.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you at well read hostess

Cormac Brown said...

Lady luck please let the dice stay hot

Let me shout a seven with every shot

Viva La Baroness, Viva La Baroness,
Viva, viva La Baroness

Anonymous said...

Count Cormac: Hah! Were you aware that "Viva Las Vegas" was the last song sung at our Graceland Wedding Chapel 10th anniversary renewal ceremony?

By the fat Elvis, mind you.

But still - it was MAGIC.

Colleen said...

Laughing here....I LOVE that sign!!!

What a fantastic slogan for him!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop