Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Let it be stated, for the record, that The Baroness is extremely excited about going to see one of her oldest friends today. The Fair Countess Ariom is staying with her parents somewhere in the back of beyond, and I am only too happy to make the 2 hour drive, without a moment's hesitation.

When I first heard of her travel plans, there may have been some squealing, and perhaps a titch of incontinence.

This friend, you see, is one who knows me almost as well as I know myself. She and I have been together forever, in very good times (think drunken dancing on go-go boxes) and in very dire times as well. Think hospitals and funerals, then take a dogleg turn towards that very dark tunnel.

She is one of the most fascinating women I've ever known, and when I'm around her I feel reborn with a new infusion of intelligence, wit and sassiness. She forces my brain to bring its A-Game, and I feel vital and silly and cherished. Ahhh.

And we all need friends like that - those whom we love beyond measure, and those who love us, warts and all. Those who will talk us off the ledge and then, once inside, will call us on our shit. For hours.

Those who, regardless of correspondance dysfuntion or distance, remain in our heads and our hearts. Those with whom we can gracefully pick up where we left off without missing a beat.

Today's TT comes from yet another one of my old cronies, Euripides - the dude so in love with himself he feels the need to use only one name (like Cher, for instance.)(Or Charo):

Friends, and I mean real friends - reserve nothing.

The property of one belongs to the other.

Speaking of which, where is that purple mohair sweater I lent you three years ago?

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

We all need a friend like that!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop