Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

I think, in my humblest of opinions, that there is not enough loveliness in the world.

Strike that.

I think that there is not enough loveliness noticed in the world.

And what defines this fine quality?

Something that makes you smile, both inwardly and maybe a little outwardly. Something that makes you feel light and content and cognizant that you are in the presence of something very sweet and something very special. You feel all of your good qualities being drawn out by some magic magnetism, and you wish your experience could never ever end. You're a little wistful when it does.

I thank The Good Countess KR for ever having introduced me to the loveliness that is one Ms. Molly Wizenberg, author of the equally lovely foodie/life-y blog called Orangette.

Never mind about her lack of current work (said the BvonB, vaguely aware that this very phrase was strangely resonant...), I urge you to go have a gander at her archives. She explains that she's a little overwhelmed right now - she and her husband are in the midst of constructing a new Seattle restaurant. But if you start at the beginning (a very good place to start), and wend your way through, you'll soon find yourself smitten and infinitely patient at waiting for new posts.

She loves food. In a lovely way. This was very evident at the food workshop KR took me to where Molly and Brandon showed us the wonder and potential of eggs.

Yes, eggs.

Girl can rock the chicken ova like no one's bin-ness. Even reminiscing about the aioli she whipped up, I'm starting to get a little Pavlovian.

Now Molly has a book out - 'A Homemade Life - stories and recipes from my kitchen table'. KR so kindly gifted me a signed copy from the book reading she recently went to. While my first instinct was to tear through it at breakneck speed, I'm now parceling it out a chapter a day. I don't want it to end. I will be wistful when it is.

The dedication is to her late father - and while brief - speaks volumes:

"We know we are shining
Though we cannot see one another"
James Wright

This could not be any more perfect for the affection I feel for all of you.

Or more - you know*.



(*lovely)

2 comments:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I blew snot out of my nose when I read "rock the chicken ova like no one's bin-ness."

;0)

LOVE the quote~ we love you too!

Mental P Mama said...

That site is amazing like nobody's bid-ness! Are you getting ready to speak Virginiaese? At any rate, thanks for the tip;)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop