Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

One of the cool things about tinkering away at a blog is that once people find out about it, they begin to shoot all sorts of world-class wordstuff your way.

I rarely need any original ideas anymore; I just go to my 'blog ideas' button, and pick one out.

Today's quote arrives to me via The Good Countess KR. She's also know around here as The Book Pusher and she was the dear one who gifted me with what is quite possibly one of the most awesome-est presents I have ever received - my own theme song (click here and let the aural tickling ensue...)

This is a passage she came across whilst doing some Saturday morning exploring, and it seems appropos in these days when I really wonder what in Sam Hill I am doing with this whole writing schtick:

Lend us the wit, oh God,
to speak the lean and simple word;
give us the strength to speak
the found word, the meant word;
grant us the humility to speak
the friendly word, the answering word.

And make us sensitive, God,
sensitive to the sound of the words
which others speak -
sensitive to the sound of their words
and to the silences in between.
Sheldon H. Blank

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I love it! And where is this magic blog idea button?

Shelley said...

Countess Mama: Calm down, Hermoine. No magic goin' on here. It is merely a keeper file on my computer where all of the forwarded weirdness goes...

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop