Friday, January 15, 2010

Fleet Farm! Friday

photo source here

Ode to My Favorite Super Model *

I think that I shall never see
A Viking Fan as lovely as a tree

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest [bravely, may I add]
Against the camo-patterned vest [and matching balaclava, $21.99!]

A tree that looks at God all day [why is she my friend? Why? Why?]
And lifts her leafy limbs to pray [Dear God, let her take the damned picture already]

************
Extreme Leafy Limb Closeup:
Just look at the craftsmanship!
Can't you just feel the wafty-ness quality?
Only thing missing is squirrel excrement.
Yuh.
It's that real.


************
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair [Nature's answer to the 'Duck!!! Blind']

Upon whose bosom snow has lain; [I am not touching this one, literally or figuratively]
Who intimately lives with rain. [that would be yours truly - rain and I have shared some things]

Poems are made by fools like me
But only God - and Fleet Farm - can make a tree.

*with sincerest of apologies to Joyce Kilmer.

Fleet Farm!!

4 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Maybe you should invest in one of those outfits for this summer's blog fest. It just might baffle and deter the migratory patterns of the local wildlife on Gwynn's Island.

Nah. Nothing can stop that.

wv: croffed. The Baroness croffed at the notion that she should bring camo gear to Blog Fest, but she was amenable to bringing a Duck!! Blind!!.

Shelley said...

Countess CBW: 'Croffed' sounds like a scoff with a heaping spoonful of phlegm thrown in as a karmic deterrent.

Ya know, for croffing in the first place...

Shouldn't I be looking for something to disturb the migratory patterns of fiddler crabs?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

She is a good friend!
<><

Camo Girl said...

Back from the land of lost wages and I loved your poem....

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop