Monday, February 22, 2010

My City Monday

Gah.

I've been up in my little turret, studying all day. Big test on Wednesday.

(by the dubs - advancing one's intellect and striving for certification? Highly overrated).

(especially when the G.D. Olympics are on.)

(and in my city, no less...)


(wah)

It's still Monday, right?

Well, unless you fall somewheres off the east end of the Canadian Map.

Then too bad for you.

So, I know that the subtitle of my blog is "The Good.The Bad. The Irksome."

But just for today, I am going to change it to "The Happy. The Sad. The Awesome."

Come along, now. We don't have all day.

The Happy:
I was thrilled to come upon this during a regularly-scheduled gallavant - nice to know that we have someone local who has Banksy aspirations...(does it count if it's on your own fence?)

Here's a close-up - the striped pants are pretty fee-usss!

The Sad:
*note to dude on left:
Put down the sign when we're losing...

Oh, Canada.

What.

The.

Frickin'

Hell?

Yeah, buddy. We're living something...(I think it's call Get-Back-In-Yer-Net-You-Idiot-Itis)

The Sad (But Proud):

Making nice. Shaking hands. Because he's such a lovely young man. And we are nothing.

But polite.

The Awesome:
I think I may have died and gone to heaven. Even though I was home slaving away over sarcomeres and xiphoid processes, my friends saw it in their hearts to still go downtown and play amongst the international jet set - they knew I would have wanted it that way.

My absence was noted, and my hard work hitting the books was rewarded when the Good Countess Jaeger came home with the most AMAZING present ever.

It is called a "Hockey Sockey", which is an offshoot of "The Pook" (go here for the fantabulistic website).

In its relaxed state, it looks like this:
But it can be so much more.

It can be a brooch. It can be a pterydactyl.

It can be a mullet.

Or it can be this:
I am currently rocking the 'Double Trump Comb Over'.

I'm still trying to perfect 'The Moose' where you knot the top ties and put your Olympic mittens on top. Picture to follow!

Happy almost Tuesday, my lovelies!

3 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Oh, Baroness, you look mahvelous but you deserve a chapeau with a more distinctive name, one befitting a baroness. The look--of course you can pull off the look--but the name, we must work on that name, one which does not call to mind Pippi Longstocking.

Tasseled Tiara?
Duck! Blind Beret?
Crown Royale?

Wait, remind me again, are we naming a hat or a drink, I've already forgotten.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

my mind is totally in the gutter! LOL. Great pic of you though.
<><

Meg McCormick said...

Oh, you crazy Canucks and your hats! Love that one. It becomes you.

See you in the hockey finals, dahling! (I hope!)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop