Friday, September 5, 2008

He-e-e-e-ere's Johnny!

Well, well, well.

Who knew that my glorious readers also peruse the comments?

Truly, you are a fine bunch of blends*.

The Good Countess Sandi, of A Widow for One Year, noticed in one of my comments for "Lessons from the Louvre - Part II"** that not only had I seen an incredible likeness of Joaquin Phoenix, but also Johnny Depp.

Sandi was on this wee factum like a bee to honey. "Show me the Johnny", pleaded she.

(Alright, already. She didn't actually say this. I was watching Jerry Maguire recently, and the "Show. Me . The. Money!" line has been inexplicably running through my head ever since...)

(And she did not plead either. She's better than that. Artistic license and all - I so desperately need for y'all to hang on my every word, I try to create compelling dialogue. Aren't you SO drawn in?)

An-n-n-nyways...

Let me first say that I do not quite understand the physical attraction to Johnny Depp. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a brilliant actor, and quite the smarty-pants.

However if I ever find myself in a cougar-ish mood (which I believe is in the Spring, during mating season), I would opt for his hairless POTC co-star:
(Mmmm. Mama loves her the Elf. So pret-ty!)

But, who am I to judge? I mean really - according to my sons, Dude Bloom has approximately the same amount of body hair as this. . .
Just call me "LegoLASS"
Rawr!

. . . and about as many X chromosomes.

Mr. Depp, on the other hand, is mucho macho. And, may I add, quite the Dapper Dan.

You could even say, fashion-wise, he's ahead of his time.

And I've got the picture to prove it:

(Make sure you "le clique" on the picture to see the eerie beauty...)


Happy Friday, everyone. Tune in next week for Battle of the Bruge and other tales from Land O' the Euro...

Affectionately,
B von B

* blend: bl(0g) + (fri) end = blend

**shameful self-promotion








8 comments:

Blog Antagonist said...

Oh my...Legolas really does it for me also. Strangely, Orlando, as God created him, does not. Leave it to me to fall for a fictional man...a mythical, fictional man, no less.

Shelley Jaffe said...

Countess BA: I KNOW!! What is it, exactly? The perfect balance of beauty and strength?

All I know, is when I see ol' Orly with the bow and arrow, I'm all a-quiver. ;)

RiverPoet said...

Let me know if you have any Russell Crowe in the springtime. Mama likes 'em a little burly. ;-)

And oh...I'm still stuck on the cat. That is one ugly pu-- - uh - cat. And I say that as a staunch animal lover. No. I could not pet that -er- cat.

Peace - D

Cormac Brown said...

I'm confused. So you mean that Orlando is Mr. Bigglesworth?

Anonymous said...

Countess D: Russell Crowe, huh? I'll check my stockroom and get back to you.

As for the hairless pu***, I hear some women pay big money for the privilege of owning one. I do not understand this. 'Tis freaky, indeed.

Count Cormac: Sssh...trade secret.
Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time?

Think about it.

Cormac Brown said...

"Have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time? Think about it."

Ha-hah! (that's my Eddie Murphy laugh)

Lisa said...

If I ever get to the Louvre, I'm bringing you with me. .... babspeapod

Anonymous said...

Countess Babs: I would be honored to be your own personal indecent docent.
(just a small btw - I only fly business or first class...)(...when it's on someone else's tab)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop