Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh, Babe

In today's 'Torn from the Headlines Tuesday':

"SYDNEY - A flatulent pig sparked [editor's note: oh, ho, ho] a gas emergency in southern Australia on Thursday when a farmer mistook its odours for a leaking pipe, officials said.

Fifteen firefighters and two trucks were called to a property at Axedale in central Victoria state after reports of a gas leak, the Country Fire Service said.

'When we got there, as we drove up the driveway, there was this huge sow, about 120-odd kilo sow [ed. note: approx 265 pounds], and it was very obvious where the gas was coming from,' said fire Captain Peter Harkins, adding they could also hear it." [ed. note: that last part was just kinda unnecessary to add. We all make sounds now and then. OK, well you do.]

In related news, an undisclosed farm in rural central Victoria area was the location of an impromptu charity barbeque, "The 1st Annual Ziffel Open" on Thursday evening, with proceeds going to the local Axedale chapter of the County Fire Service's Emergency Condiment Contingency Fund.

While initially neighbors had reported an odd, methane-like odor coming from a local farm, the smell soon gave way to the succulent aroma of pork ribs and bacon-wrapped tenderloin roasting on the coals. Grill master Peter Harkins, in a brilliant eco-political move, made the event a green one, by tapping into some gas source he just found 'lying around'.

He further declared the evening to be a wild success and not the 'boar' that some porcine farmers and their 120 kg wives had claimed it to be.

1 comment:

These Nine Acres said...

Oh My Gosh. That's all I got.

Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop